“Spicy” Some people may have known that “spicy” is not a flavor, but rather a pain that is perceived from certain compounds in chili peppers. Still, we have to admit that spicy food is a favorite of many people. Especially Thai people Because it can increase your appetite.
However, the food is extremely spicy. Causes more harm to the body than benefits Because it may increase the risk of certain diseases.
“Eating spicy food” often causes what kind of disease?
Chili peppers contain capsaicin. makes us feel hot until we drink more water The body will try to remove capsaicin from the body. The stomach and intestines contract more, faster. The intestines take less time to absorb nutrients. Because you want to drive out capsaicin as quickly as possible. Therefore, we often have stomach symptoms. Diarrhea shortly after eating spicy food
Information from Paolo Hospital indicates that in addition to H. pylori infection from bacterial contamination in food or drinking water That can cause chronic gastritis . Eating very spicy food for a long time It can cause the mucous membrane lining the stomach to become inflamed, swollen, and red as well. In addition, eating spicy or spicy food. It creates more acid that erodes the stomach lining. It also causes stomach pain as soon as you eat spicy food. โปรโมชั่น ufabet
- Chronic inflammatory bowel disease
Eating spicy foods regularly May harm the intestinal lining Inflamed and ulcerated Chronic inflammation occurs for years. It can cause periodic diarrhea and abdominal pain, although most cases of acute enteritis are caused by eating food contaminated with germs. Virus infection and had diarrhea, diarrhea along with severe abdominal pain But eating very spicy foods may increase inflammation in the intestinal lining even more and may increase the risk of colon cancer in the future.
- acid reflux
Acid reflux is a condition in which gastric juice from the stomach flows back up into the esophagus. Causes a burning sensation in the chest and epigastric region. It can be caused by too much acid in the stomach causing it to reflux. and the distal esophageal sphincter does not function properly. Therefore, people with acid reflux should avoid all foods that cause acidity. Including spicy and sour food to food that has a lot of gas. Because it will cause more acid and reflux into the esophagus, causing burning pain. And if you have chronic acid reflux symptoms, you may need treatment with esophageal sphincter surgery. To prevent the development of the disease into esophageal cancer in the future.
How to eat spicy food without getting sick?
- Try not to eat too much spicy food. And don’t eat spicy foods at every meal. You should switch to choosing other food flavors.
- If you eat chili or other seasonings With a spicy taste, you feel pain, a burning mouth, and a burning stomach. You should stop eating and drink water to reduce irritation from the chilies that may occur in the digestive system. and stomach
- pregnant woman Patients with diseases related to the digestive system such as gastritis, enteritis, diarrhea, food poisoning , etc. should not eat spicy foods. Because it may make the symptoms of the disease worse.
- Patients who have a fever and have recently had surgery should also temporarily refrain from eating spicy food.